Children's dermatologist in Poltava
Children's skin is more sensitive to the negative effects of the external environment and prone to disease than adult skin.
Therefore, when a rash, peeling, redness appears, the child needs a examination by a dermatologist.
What does a pediatric dermatologist do?
Pediatric dermatologists are doctors dealing with the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the skin and its appendages (hair, nails) in children. The reason for making a child’s appointment with a doctor may be the following:
- spots on the skin;
- rash, itching, swelling in the affected area, including in the genital area;
- the appearance of papillomas, warts, suspicious moles, ulcers or indurations on the skin;
- profuse hair loss, itching in the scalp, dandruff;
- white plaque or the formation of ulcers on the mucous membranes;
- change in color and structure of the nail plate.
In addition to local symptoms, a child may experience fever, apathy, weakness, headache, indicating general intoxication. In some cases, skin symptoms can occur with digestive disorders or hormonal imbalances. Then a pediatric dermatologist will refer a child to a gastroenterologist or endocrinologist.
What is the examination by a dermatologist?
To diagnose skin diseases, a doctor interviews, conducts a visual assessment of the condition of skin or mucous membranes of a child, evaluates skin firmness, elasticity. After a physical examination, depending on the complaints, a dermatologist prescribes laboratory tests:
- blood and urine tests;
- allergy tests;
- scraping the skin, hair or nails to detect fungal infections;
- a test for a subcutaneous tick;
- scraping from the mucous membranes of the mouth or genitals.
To assess the benignness or malignancy of skin tumors in a child, dermatologists of “ON Clinic Poltava” use the method of dermatoscopy. You can make an appointment with a pediatric dermatologist by phone or by filling out the registration form on the website.
|Consultation with a dermatologist for a child under 18||320 uah|
|ONLINE Consultation with a dermatologist for a child under 18||320 uah|
|ONLINE Consultation with a dermatologist for children under 18 abroad||350 uah|
The cost of doctor pediatric dermatovenereology appointments in Poltava
Address: Poltava, Pervomaisky Av., 18-A
- On map