Family medicine in Poltava
Family medicine department deals with diagnostics, treatment, and observation of patients with diseases of internal organs and systems.
Consulting a family physician is the first step in providing qualified medical care. He examines the patient, gives recommendations for diagnosis and, if necessary, refers him to a narrow specialist, which allows to establish an accurate diagnosis and prescribe effective treatment.
What is a family physician?
A family physician is a multidisciplinary medical specialist who has all the necessary knowledge about diseases of internal organs and systems, methods of their treatment and prevention. Consultation by therapist consists of the following:
- initial examination of a patient;
- referral for tests and interpretation of their results;
- appointment of consultations of specialists of a narrow profile (if necessary);
- developing a treatment plan and monitoring its progress;
- systematic observation of patients with chronic diseases;
- carrying out preventive examinations.
What does a family physician check?
A family physician is the first doctor who is contacted by patients complaining of poor health. His qualification allows to diagnose the cause of the pathology and make a preliminary diagnosis. A therapist treats diseases of the cardiovascular, nervous, respiratory, digestive and genitourinary systems, as well as pathologies of the osteoarticular apparatus.
Visit to a family physician is also required in cases where a patient has symptoms that are not characteristic of any one disease:
- manifestations of respiratory viral infections (fever, cough, runny nose, sore throat);
- dry mouth, constant thirst;
- weight loss without changes in diet;
- increased fatigue, weakness;
- headache, dizziness, cramps;
- frequent urination;
- pain in the spine, chest, abdominal cavity;
- pain and swelling in the joints;
- loss of coordination;
- sleep disturbances;
- depressed mood, constant anxiety.
If you have one or more of these symptoms, you should immediately make an appointment with a family physician. Lack of timely diagnosis and treatment can lead to the development of chronic diseases, dangerous for their complications.
During the first visit, the doctor analyzes the patient's complaints and studies his medical history. After this, a physical examination is carried out, which includes the following:
- measurement of body temperature, blood pressure, and heart rate;
- listening to the lungs and heart;
- palpation of the lymph nodes;
- throat examination.
To confirm the diagnosis, the family physician may prescribe the following additional tests:
Repeated consultation involves deciphering the results of the examinations and making a final diagnosis. Specialists of the Family Medicine Department at “ON Clinic Poltava” observe patients throughout the entire course of treatment, which makes it possible to track its effectiveness and make necessary adjustments in time, depending on the patient’s reaction to medications. Take care of your health and make an appointment with a family physician in Poltava by calling the phone number or leaving an application on the website.
|ONLINE Family doctor consultation||320 uah|
|Family doctor consultation||320 uah|
The cost of doctor family medicine appointments in Poltava
Address: Poltava, Pervomaisky Av., 18-A
- On map