Vaccinations for children in Poltava
To vaccinate or not to vaccinate a child is the decision of parents on which its life and health depend.
The vaccine against measles, rubella, diphtheria and other diseases helps protect the health and life of children from dangerous infections.
If you refuse to do vaccinations, the risk of contracting an infectious disease (for example, pertussis) increases. Compliance with personal hygiene rules and improving sanitary standards cannot resist many infections.
Vaccination: to do or not to do?
To do vaccination to a child or not depends on a child’s health status. If the doctor has found contraindications to a specific vaccine, it is not recommended to insert it. Worldwide, vaccination is considered the best way of protection against many infectious diseases that can lead to massive epidemics. The vaccine components help the immune system to produce antibodies to the disease causative agent (immune response is formed, but without the risk of developing the disease or its complications in the vaccinated persons).
Vaccinations provide an opportunity to protect not only children but adults as well. According to the single vaccination session, vaccinations should be done against tuberculosis, rubella, polio, hepatitis B, as well as from diphtheria, tetanus, HIB infection, and pertussis.
Contraindications to vaccination
Vaccination shall not be done in case of the high risk of a reaction to the vaccine, as well as when it is impossible to formulate a response to the vaccine by the immune system. Such cases include:
- development of the disease in an acute form with an increase in body temperature up to 38.5 degrees;
- allergies to the previous dose of the vaccine (one or more of its components are allergens);
- oncological processes in the body;
- taking certain drugs (for example, steroid hormones or drugs that suppress immunity);
- immunodeficiency states.
The most common complication is caused by DTP vaccination. Consult a doctor if adverse reactions occur after vaccination:
- the appearance of redness or swelling at the injection site, the development of lymphadenitis (inflammation of the lymph nodes);
- fever above 38.5 degrees, allergic reactions.
In our Pediatric department, you can vaccinate your child against the following diseases:
- Tetraxim - a vaccine for the prevention of pertussis, diphtheria, tetanus, polio. Suitable for vaccination from 2 months to 13 years.
- Varilix is a vaccine for the prevention of chickenpox. Suitable for vaccination from 9 months.
- Boostrix - prevention of pertussis, diphtheria and tetanus. Suitable for children from 4 years old and adults.
- Bustrix Polio is a Belgian vaccine against pertussis, diphtheria, tetanus, and polio. Suitable for vaccination from 6 years.
- Cervarix - prevention of HPV. Suitable for vaccination from 9 years.
- Sinflorix - vaccine for the prevention of pneumococcal infection. Suitable for vaccination from 6 weeks to 5 years.
- Pentaxim - prevention of whooping cough, diphtheria, tetanus, polio, and CIB infection. Suitable for vaccination from two months to 5 years.
- Infanrix - vaccine for the prevention of whooping cough, diphtheria, tetanus. Suitable for vaccination from 2 months to 6 years.
- Infanrix Hexa - prevention of pertussis, diphtheria, tetanus, polio, hib infection and hepatitis B. Suitable for children from 2 to 36 months.
- ADP-M-Biolek - prevention of diphtheria and tetanus. Suitable for children from 7 years and adults.
- Rotarix - prevention of rotavirus infection. Suitable for children from 6 to 24 months.
- Prevenar-13 - a vaccine used to prevent 13 strains of pneumococcus. Suitable for children from 2 months and adults.
- Hexaxim - a vaccine for the prevention of pertussis, diphtheria, tetanus, polio, hepatitis and hib infection. Suitable for children from 6 to 24 months.
- Priorix. Vaccine against rubella, measles, mumps. Suitable for vaccinating children aged 12 months, 6 years and for adults.
- Infanrix IPV Hib - a vaccine for the prevention of diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis (acellular component), with inactivated polio vaccine, with a vaccine against Hib infection;
- Hiberix - prevention of diseases caused by Haemophilus influenzae;
- Menaktra - a vaccine for the prevention of meningococcal infection;
- Vaxigrip Tetra - flu prevention.
Important! Check the availability of the vaccine by contacting the medical center.
You can vaccinate a child without waiting in line at the medical center “ON Clinic Poltava”. Make an appointment with your doctor by contact phone.
|Vaccination Prevenar-13||2950 uah|
|Vaccination Hiberix||900 uah|
|Vaccination Stamaril||1450 uah|
The cost of doctor vaccinations appointments in Poltava
Address: Poltava, Pervomaisky Av., 18-A
- On map