Pulmonology in Dnipro
Doctors of various specialties treat respiratory diseases: therapist, otorhinolaryngologist (ENT-specialist) and pulmonologist.
While the ENT doctor deals with diseases of the upper respiratory tract (nose and sinuses, larynx), a pulmonologist is a specialist in the organs of the lower respiratory tract (trachea, bronchi and lungs).
What lung diseases does the pulmonologist in Dnipro treat?
The Department of Pulmonology in Dnipro at the medical center “ON Clinic Dnipro” accepts patients with acute and chronic respiratory diseases. The doctors of the department carry out prevention, diagnostics and treatment of the following pulmonological diseases:
- bronchial asthma;
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease;
- acute and chronic bronchitis;
- pleurisy (inflammation of pleura - membrane of the lungs).
Indications for examination bу pulmonologist
Respiratory diseases of the lower respiratory tract can have various manifestations. Symptoms that require examination by a pulmonologist include the following:
- cough (including long-term or recurring cough);
- shortness of breath (shortness of breath or rapid breathing);
- periodic attacks of suffocation;
- chest pain (a pulmonologist diagnoses the causes of chest pain if cardiovascular diseases and trauma have been excluded).
If you have symptoms of acute respiratory infections, first of all, you should consult a therapist. A therapist may refer to consultation with a pulmonologist in case of complications of colds or if chronic lung disease is suspected.
The pulmonary department in Dnipro does not accept patients in need of emergency care. If the following conditions occur, you need to call an ambulance urgently:
- increase in body temperature up to 38-39 degrees;
- hemoptysis (coughing up blood);
- severe shortness of breath (difficulty breathing, feeling short of breath);
- status asthmaticus (asthma attack in bronchial asthma).
Preparation for examination by a pulmonologist
An examination by a pulmonologist begins with the analysis of complaints and the history of their development, while the doctor analyzes the effectiveness of previously used drugs. Next, the doctor conducts a general physical examination with assessment of the skin, auscultation (listening) of the lungs and heart, palpation (hands-on) of the chest. Based on the results of the examination by the pulmonologist, if necessary, additional examinations can be prescribed:
- tests (general clinical blood tests, sputum analysis);
- X-ray examinations (lung x-rays or computed tomography);
- ultrasound of lungs;
- spirometry (examination of external respiration function when a patient is asked to breathe in a special tube that measures the amount of air inhaled and exhaled).
Preparation for examination by a pulmonologist consists, first of all, of the need to bring all available medical documents to the initial consultation: examination results, X-rays, previous prescriptions (you can bring the drugs that you are currently taking, if any). The tests prescribed by the doctor must be taken on an empty stomach.
Before spirometry, your doctor may recommend that you stop taking certain medications. The doctor should clarify individually which drugs to exclude before the examination.
You can make an appointment with a pulmonologist in Dnipro at the medical center “ON Clinic Dnipro” in one of the most convenient ways for you: by filling out an appointment form on the website or by calling. An appointment with a pulmonologist works around the clock.
|ONLINE Consultation of a pulmonologist abroad||490 uah|
|ONLINE Consultation with a pulmonologist||490 uah|
|Pulmonologist consultation||490 uah|
The cost of doctor pulmonology appointments in Dnepr
Physicians of pulmonology department of ON Clinic Dnepr
Address: Dnepr, D. Yavornytskoho av., 107a
- On map