Child psychiatrist in Kharkiv
A child psychiatrist is involved in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of mental disorders in children and adolescents under the age of 18.
Parents of children with congenital pathologies (for example, autism or developmental delay) or hereditary diseases (schizophrenia and other psychoses) often consult a doctor. But mental disorders can also occur during the growing up of a child. Parents should pay attention to the behavior of their children and, in the event of anxiety symptoms, seek the advice of a psychiatrist as soon as possible.
A child psychiatrist is a specialist who is competent not only in psychiatry, but also in psychology, psychotherapy and neurology. Such a wide scope of narrower specializations allows the pediatric psychiatrist to assess the situation in a more comprehensive way, which certainly has a positive effect on the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of various conditions.
What does a pediatric psychiatrist treat?
You can attend a pediatric psychiatrist with the following complaints:
- headache and increased fatigue;
- impairment of memory, attention and other cognitive functions;
- poor performance at school;
- obsessive fears and phobias;
- obsessive thoughts and actions;
- developmental delays;
- attention deficit disorder;
- schizophrenia and other psychological disorders.
The psychiatrist treats a wide range of psychological disorders in childhood: neurosis, hyperactivity, insomnia, anxiety. The sooner treatment is started, the higher the likelihood of helping the child without drug therapy.
When should you take your child to a psychiatrist?
Consultation for a child may be required at any age. The following can be signs of mental deviation in babies:
- increased physical activity (chaotic sharp movements of the arms and legs);
- moodiness and irritability;
- poor appetite.
For children of primary school age, alarming symptoms are:
- hyperactive behavior after 3 years;
- monotonous games with non-playable objects (stones, branches, threads);
- regular repetition of the same actions;
- pathological habits: nail biting, hair pulling;
- increased tendency to fantasize, when the child considers himself/herself a character and does not leave the role for a long time;
- urinary and fecal incontinence after 6 years;
- recurring strong fears, both during the day and at night;
- sleep disorders including insomnia, sleepwalking (somnambulism).
If it is difficult for a child to concentrate on his/her studies, he/she is inattentive, it is difficult for him/her to master the school curriculum, he/she is retarded - this is also a reason to turn to a child psychiatrist.
When does an adolescent need a psychiatrist?
After 12-13 years of age, a child can behave aggressively, show a tendency to leave home, unmotivated cruelty towards animals, younger brothers and sisters, and peers. Signs of mental health problems in adolescent children at this age are:
- suicidal thoughts;
- complete refusal of food in order to lose weight;
- excessive attention to their own minor physical disabilities;
- excessive hobby for something to the detriment of study, communication, other activities.
No special intra-family training is required before consulting a psychiatrist. But it is still worth creating a positive attitude in the child using the usual methods so that the child feels calm and confident both before and during the consultation.
What does a pediatric psychiatrist check?
At a pediatric psychiatrist's appointment, the doctor assesses the patient's situation in a comprehensive manner, therefore, at the initial consultation, the following information will be valuable for him/her:
- about the course of pregnancy of the child’s mother;
- how the delivery took place;
- what is the psychological climate in the family;
- about the diseases suffered by the child;
- daily routine and habits of the child.
Then he/she conducts a conversation with the child, analyzes his/her mental state, the level of intellectual and psycho-emotional development. Additionally, examinations may be prescribed - for example, an ultrasound of the head or an EEG.
After the diagnosis is made, a treatment regimen is developed. Doctors of “ON Clinic” Medical Center pay more attention to non-drug methods of therapy: family and play, which allows to correct the child's behavior without the use of drugs.
Where can you attend a private pediatric psychiatrist in Kharkiv?
If you need a pediatric psychiatrist in Kharkiv, make an appointment with a doctor at “ON Clinic Kharkiv” Medical Center. Appointment is available by contact phone number or online on the website.
|Primary consultation of a child psychiatrist||550 uah|
|Repeated consultation of a child psychiatrist||500 uah|
|ONLINE-Primary consultation of a child psychiatrist||550 uah|
|ONLINE-Repeated consultation of a child psychiatrist||500 uah|
|ONLINE Repeated consultation of a child psychiatrist abroad||500 uah|
|ONLINE Initial consultation of a child psychiatrist abroad||550 uah|
The cost of doctor pediatric psychiatry appointments in Kharkiv
- On map