Traumatology in Kharkiv
Traumatology is a branch of medicine that studies injuries and methods of treating diseases of the musculoskeletal system.
Orthopedics is a branch of medicine that studies the prevention, diagnostics and treatment of deformities of bones and joints.
The department of traumatology at the medical center “ON Clinic Kharkiv” provides the following services:
- therapeutic drug blockade;
- diagnostic puncture of joints;
- PRP-therapy (Platelet rich plasma);
- intra-articular injections of hyaluronic acid;
- dressing (simple, complex);
- removal of plaster cast;
- removal of polymer bandage.
What does trauma orthopedist treat?
Trauma orthopedist deals with the treatment of pathologies and injuries of musculoskeletal system. Most often, a specialist is consulted for the treatment of rib fractures, joint dislocations, sprains and ruptures of ligaments and tendons.
The main symptoms with which traumatology patients are admitted:
- limited joint mobility;
- pain when moving the limbs;
- signs of fracture (tissue edema, hematoma, soreness of affected area);
- spinal curvature;
- joint deformation.
Diseases treated by traumatologist:
- joint pathologies (arthritis, gonarthrosis, coxarthrosis, instability of knee joint, polyarthritis, synovitis, epicondylitis, Strumpell-Miarie disease, osteoarthritis, osteochondrosis);
- humeral-scapular periarthritis and periarthrosis;
- tears and strains of muscles, tendons and ligaments;
- injuries and traumas (rotator cuff of the shoulder, ligaments of the knee joint, ankle joint, shoulder joint, menisci);
- tendon inflammation (tendonitis, trochanteritis);
- Dupuytren's contracture;
- habitual dislocation of the shoulder;
- heel spur;
Trauma orthopedist also treats flat feet, carries out initial wound debridement.
What is a blocking injection?
Trauma orthopedist is equipped with various methods of treating pathologies and alleviating symptoms, including medical blocking. The doctor injects drugs directly into the affected area (such as a joint) to ease pain, improve mobility, and reduce swelling.
A blocking injection gives a quick and visible result and avoids systemic side effects on the body. Medical blocking is used to ease pain in the knee, elbow, hip and other joints.
What is PRP therapy?
PRP therapy in orthopedics is another modern method of treating diseases of the musculoskeletal system. The patient’s own plasma enriched with platelets is used for the procedure. Doctors extract platelets from plasma which are then injected locally into the affected (injured) area.
PRP therapy of joints activates cell growth and tissue regeneration. After the injection, swelling and inflammation decrease, local blood circulation improves, spasm of the surrounding soft tissues disappears. Since human own cells are used, the risk of rejection and allergic reactions is excluded.
In what cases are intra-articular injections of hyaluronic acid prescribed?
Hyaluronic acid injections can also be used to treat joints. This substance is one of the components of the intra-articular fluid, therefore its introduction promotes the activation of regenerative processes, the accelerated growth of healthy cells.
Injections are effective for the following symptoms and conditions:
- sharp pain in the shoulder, knee, elbow joints;
- joint inflammation;
- arthritis and arthrosis.
Also, “ON Clinic Kharkiv” has unique physiotherapy equipment:
- shockwave therapy;
- ultrasound therapy;
- laser therapy.
All these in combination with modern drug treatment will quickly improve the quality of life and shorten the path to complete recovery.
You can make an appointment with trauma orthopedist or make house-call for doctor at “ON Clinic Kharkiv” by calling the contact phone number or using the online form on the website.
|Consultation with an orthopedic traumatologist||380 uah|
|House call of a traumatologist||1500 uah|
|ONLINE Consultation of a traumatologist-orthopedist abroad||380 uah|
|ONLINE Consultation with an orthopedic traumatologist||380 uah|