Allergology in Kharkiv
Allergic reactions occur when the immune system recognizes mistakenly a certain substance (allergen) as a potential threat and produces protective antibodies that cause hypersensitivity reaction (watery eyes, allergic rhinitis, hives, etc.).
Allergies are often chronic and, in some cases, cause acute, rapidly developing, life-threatening reactions. For this reason, its timely diagnostics and correctly selected treatment reduces significantly the severity of symptoms in the future, up to their complete disappearance.
Treatment of allergy in Kharkiv is carried out by allergist at the medical center “ON Clinic Kharkiv”. Allergies are usually divided into the following types:
- respiratory (breathing) allergy - this type of allergy irritates the respiratory system. It includes: seasonal rhinitis (runny nose), tracheobronchitis and the most severe form - bronchial asthma;
- food allergy - such immune response of the body occurs under the influence of allergens contained in food. It can be accompanied by a variety of symptoms: from the gastrointestinal tract disfunctioning to skin rashes and respiratory reactions;
- drug allergy - this type of allergy occurs as a result of taking certain medications that provoke acute immune reaction of the body (allergic urticaria, nutritional disorders of allergic nature);
- contact (skin) allergy, its most common types are hives, eczema and the most severe condition (Quincke’s edema), when subcutaneous fatty tissue on the face and mucous membranes are affected;
- allergy to insects, the reaction in this case is caused by saliva or other waste products of insects during bites or contact with the skin surface;
- anaphylactic shock is the most dangerous manifestation of allergy carrying a direct threat to human life. The reaction occurs against the background of an allergen entering the body, as a result of which swelling of the oral cavity and larynx develops, difficulty in breathing, confusion or loss of consciousness, and blue skin are observed. This condition requires urgent medical care. At the first manifestations of these symptoms, you should immediately call ambulance.
Each organism reacts differently to one or another allergen, often a predisposition to the manifestation of hypersensitivity reactions is triggered by heredity. The most common substances that cause allergies include the following:
- pollen and plant fluff, which lead to hay fever (allergic rhinitis, conjunctivitis);
- fur and skin scales of pets;
- mold spores;
- dust mites;
- food products (most often: nuts, peanuts, fruits and berries, fish and shellfish, eggs, cow milk);
- medications (including aspirin, ibuprofen, and some types of antibiotics);
- household chemicals (hair dyes, detergents and cleaning products);
Symptoms of allergic reactions
A pronounced reaction of the body after contact with allergen develops accompanied by a number of characteristic symptoms. The most common signs of allergy in adults and children are the following:
- nasal congestion, sneezing, runny nose;
- allergic conjunctivitis (lacrimation, burning, redness of the whites of the eyes);
- cough and rattling;
- swelling of the face (subcutaneous fat on the face and mucous membranes);
- itchy skin rash;
- in severe cases – allergic edema of oral cavity and larynx (anaphylactic reaction).
Life-threatening symptoms of severe allergies are swelling of tongue and larynx; weak, thready pulse; shortness of breath, skin pallor, sweating, decreased blood pressure.
Consequences of long-term allergies
The easiest way to avoid allergies is to minimize contact with the allergen. In many cases, this turns out to be impossible, therefore, at the first manifestations of allergy symptoms (itching, swelling, sneezing, lacrimation), you should visit allergist at the medical center “ON Clinic Kharkiv” to diagnose the disease and prescribe appropriate treatment. Otherwise, symptoms may worsen over time, becoming chronic. The consequences of prolonged allergies include the following:
- asthma – prolonged respiratory allergy is fraught with asthma development (acute non-infectious disease of respiratory system);
- possible infection contamination of scratches and development of bacterial secondary infection in case when the rash affects large skin areas and it is accompanied by severe itching;
- anaphylaxis (acute allergic reaction requiring urgent medical care), the possibility of anaphylactic shock increases while contacting repeatedly with the allergen due to the effect of “accumulation” in the body.
The allergist of the medical center “ON Clinic Kharkiv” can carry out online consultation with you via video communication. You can visit the doctor at the medical center “ON Clinic Kharkiv” by an appointment. You can make an appointment with allergist in one of the most convenient ways for you: by calling the specified phone number or through the appointment form on the website.
|Consultation of an allergist||400 uah|
|ONLINE Allergist consultation||400 uah|
|Skin prick test (test 1 allergen + test control + histamine)||240 uah|
|A set of prick tests (test 16 allergens + test control + histamine)||1440 uah|
The cost of doctor allergology appointments in Kharkiv
Address: Kharkiv, Yaroslava Mudrogo st., 30a
- On map