X-ray in Kharkiv
Various examination techniques are used to diagnose diseases, and one of them is X-ray.
X-ray allows examining the shape and location of internal organs and soft tissues, find out their tone, state of the mucous membrane.
Radiography helps the doctors to examine the following:
- spine and peripheral parts of the skeleton;
- thoracic organs;
- organs of the abdominal cavity;
- structure of the jaw;
- patency of the fallopian tubes;
- condition of the gastrointestinal tract;
- gallbladder and its ducts.
Examinations are prescribed for various indications.
For example, the doctor refers for X-ray of thoracic organs if the patient experiences the following symptoms:
- severe shortness of breath;
- severe pain in the region of the heart;
- prolonged cough.
Radiography of abdominal organs is performed in case of:
- abdominal distention;
- persistent pain in the intestines or stomach;
- back pain or side pain;
- frequent nausea and vomiting for no apparent reason.
But there are a number of contraindications when X-ray is not prescribed in Kharkiv.
Contraindications and restrictions on various types of X-ray
X-ray is a relatively safe method for examining internal organs and the skeleton, but it has a number of contraindications. Among them are the following:
- pregnancy and lactation.
- serious condition of the patient;
- open wounds.
There are also restrictions for fluoroscopy:
- diabetes mellitus and individual intolerance to the components of the contrast medium;
- liver and kidney dysfunction;
- active tuberculosis;
- pathology of the thyroid gland.
In such cases, instead of sending for an X-ray, the doctor issues directions for other examinations, for example, ultrasound scan. The specialist will warn about other existing restrictions before prescribing the procedure.
Where can I undergo an X-ray in Kharkiv?
Radiography has the following advantages:
- no special preparation (except for X-ray of intestines and stomach);
- high information content.
X-rays of spine, bone tissue and joints are indispensable for suspected fractures and injuries. The technique is suitable for examining patients of any age and has practically no contraindications.
You can undergo an X-ray examination at “ON Clinic Kharkiv” for diagnosis establishment and treatment management.
Our medical center is equipped with the latest Luminos Fusion device, which allows obtaining high-definition images with minimal patient exposure. Its key benefits are the following:
- radiation exposure is reduced by 90%, providing even greater safety of the procedure for patients of any age;
- comfortable placement of a person on the table and easy access for examination of any organ or part of the body;
- improved image quality.
How often can an x-ray be taken?
The frequency of undergoing an X-ray procedure depends on many factors: characteristics of the equipment for the examination; state of the patient’s health, patient’s age; region under consideration. Therefore, in each case, the frequency of procedures should be controlled by the attending physician.
What organs can be X-rayed at ON Clinic?
You can undergo the following procedures in the X-ray room of “ON Clinic Kharkiv”:
1. X-ray of thoracic organs;
- Fluoroscopy of thoracic organs;
- Radiography of thoracic organs (if necessary, lateral projection as an option).
2. X-ray of abdominal organs;
- Radiographic examination of stomach;
- Irrigoscopy (irrigography);
- Plain radiography of abdominal cavity;
- Roentgen examination of GI tract (pharynx, esophagus, stomach, small intestine) with contrast agent (barium / water-soluble contrast fluid);
3. X-ray of head;
- Radiography of skull;
- Radiography of paranasal sinuses;
- Radiography of nasal bones;
- Radiography of paranasal sinuses;
- Radiography of skull with two projections;
- Radiography of facial bones;
- Radiography of calvarial bone with two projections;
- Radiography of Turkish saddle.
4. X-ray of spine;
- Radiography of cervical spine with two projections with functional load;
- Radiography of cervical spine with two projections;
- Radiography of first cervical vertebra (atlas);
- Radiography of thoracic spine with two projections;
- Radiography of lumbosacral spine with two projections;
- Radiography of lumbosacral spine with two projections (with functional loads in case of apparent clinical symptomatology);
- Radiography of thoracic spine with two projections;
- Radiography of cervical spine with a functional load.
5. X-ray of joints;
- Radiography of knee joints with two (three) projections;
- Radiography of foot;
- Radiography of foot with two projections (with load if required);
- Lateral radiography of calcaneal bone;
- Radiography of wrist;
- Radiography of foot and wrist phalanges (compression spot films);
- Radiography of foot and wrist phalanges (compression spot films with double projection);
- Radiography of ribs;
- Radiography of coccygeal bone with two projections;
- Radiography of shoulder joint;
- Frontal radiography of shoulder joint;
- Radiography of hip joints;
- Frontal radiography of pelvic bones;
- Frontal radiography of hip joint (with two projections if required);
- Frontal radiography of two hip joints.
- Radiography of elbow joint;
- Radiography of ankle joint (with two/three projections);
- Radiography of foot frontal part (compression spot films with two projections);
- Radiography of hip joint with three projections;
- Radiography of hip with two projections;
- Radiography of hip and both adjacent joints;
- Radiography of lower leg with two projections.
Also, you can undergo metrosalpingography (hysterosalpingography) at the medical center with a water-soluble contrast liquid (X-ray examination of the fallopian tubes and uterine cavity).
You can find out more information about the required procedure by calling the contact numbers of the medical center.
X-ray procedure at ON Clinic
The peculiarities of the procedure depend on which organ or part of the body needs to be x-rayed. Before visiting the X-ray room, the patient takes off jewelry, belts, and other metal accessories that can affect the operation of the equipment. In some cases, you will need to undress.
The parts of the body not examined are protected with special aprons. During the filming, a person is asked to take a different body position - to obtain images in different projections. While the equipment is working, it is prohibited to move.
The procedure takes no more than 10 minutes. An experienced radiologist deals with decoding the image, the results are sent to the attending physician for a diagnosing and development of a treatment regimen.
Based on X-ray results, you can also get a consultation with therapist, orthopedist-traumatologist, a neurologist at “ON Clinic Kharkiv”.
You can make an appointment for an X-ray in Kharkiv by calling the contact phone number of the medical center.
How to get an X-ray image?
An employee of the medical center sends an archive with an X-ray to the patient’s e-mail. We suggest that you familiarize yourself with the instructions for opening the X-ray image on the page.
|Chest X-ray (OGC) (digital fluorography)||300 uah|
|Chest fluoroscopy (CT)||350 uah|
|Chest X-ray (CT) (direct projection, overview image)||300 uah|
|Chest X-ray (CT) (lateral projection)||300 uah|
|Consultation with a radiologist (description of the images provided, second opinion)||410 uah|
|ONLINE Consultation with a radiologist (description of the presented images, second opinion)||410 uah|
|X-ray of the hip joint in three projections||490 uah|
|X-ray of the cervical spine in two projections||550 uah|
|X-ray of the hand in two projections (two limbs)||690 uah|
|X-ray examination of the colon (irrigoscopy), barium contrast||1560 uah|
|X-ray examination of the gastrointestinal tract (pharynx, esophagus, stomach, small intestine), contrasting with barium||805 uah|
|X-ray examination of the gastrointestinal tract (pharynx, esophagus, stomach, small intestine), water-soluble contrast fluid||1560 uah|
|Radiography of the first cervical vertebra (atlanta)||300 uah|
|Radiography of the wrist joint (2 projections)||420 uah|
|X-ray of the bones of the cranial vault in 2 projections||495 uah|
|X-ray of the nasal bones||420 uah|
|Radiography of the forefoot (targeted images in two projections)||490 uah|
|X-ray of the Turkish saddle||270 uah|
|Plain X-ray of the abdominal cavity||300 uah|
|X-ray of the thoracic spine in two projections||550 uah|
|X-ray of two hip joints in frontal projection||410 uah|
|X-ray of the hand in two projections (one limb)||420 uah|
|X-ray of the knee joint in 2 projections||420 uah|
|X-ray of the elbow joint in 2 projections||375 uah|
|X-ray of the coccyx in two projections||410 uah|
|Radiography of the pelvic bones, direct projection||380 uah|
|Frontal projection of the shoulder joint||285 uah|
|X-ray of the lumbosacral spine in two projections||550 uah|
|X-ray of the lumbosacral spine in two projections with functional loads||680 uah|
|X-ray of the paranasal sinuses||300 uah|
|X-ray of the hip joint in frontal projection (if necessary in two)||350 uah|
|Ribs X-ray (one side, oblique view)||350 uah|
|X-ray of the thigh and both adjacent joints (4 frames)||490 uah|
|X-ray of the thigh in 2 projections||420 uah|
|Lower leg X-ray (2 projections)||420 uah|
|Ankle X-ray (2 projections)||420 uah|
|Ankle X-ray (3 projections)||490 uah|
|X-ray of the knee joint in 3 projections (additionally axial or tunnel projection according to Frick)||490 uah|
|X-ray of the bones of the facial skull||270 uah|
|Lateral calcaneus x-ray (- / -)||270 uah|
|Radiography of the foot in two projections (if necessary with a load)||410 uah|
|X-ray of the cervical spine with functional stress||600 uah|
|X-ray of the skull in 2 projections||285 uah|
|Metrosalpingography (hysterosalpingography), water-soluble contrast fluid||3055 uah|
|ONLINE Consultation with a radiologist (description of the images provided, second opinion) abroad||410 uah|
|Fistulography (minimum 2 frames)||1690 uah|